OUR PORTFOLIO IN INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS usually constitute a combination of different legal areas in respect of which our expert knowledge focuses in particular on competition law, trademark law and copyright law. Copyright law is directly related to IT law and refers in addition to software also to many other types of works – the key element being the safest possible granting of rights to use.
In our advisory services on competition law we focus on the defence of advertising measures in respect of which our clients occasionally “sail close to the wind”.
Examples from our IP practice include:
- Licence agreements, in particular concerning trademarks and copyrightable works
- Contracts for the acquisition of rights
- Trademark registrations and other trademark related measures, including support in disputes and drafting
- Differentiation agreements
- Advice on the safe legal handling of IP rights in the company, eg participation in IP strategies and the corresponding handouts
- Advance review of planned advertising measures
- Court representation in competition law matters, including interlocutory injunctions
DR. JÖRG-MICHAEL SCHEIL
Shangai, Ho Chi Minh City
German Attorney-at-Law, Partner
German Attorney-at-Law, Partnerin
German Attorney-at-Law, Associate
PROF. DR. RALF IMHOF